Front End Developer
Art of Context is a boutique, interactive firm that specializes in multi-channel interactive solutions for airports. We are responsible for the development of interactive directories and information displays in major airports located in the U.S and Canada. Our work currently improves passengers’ experience in airports including Boston, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Baltimore, MD, Detroit, MI, Pittsburgh, PA, and Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
We work in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a passionate, hard working front-end developer prepared to make large contributions to new product offerings and client applications. On a daily basis we apply cutting edge web technologies to interactive touch displays, kiosks, digital signage, web and mobile applications. Joining AOC, your work will be seen and used by millions of passengers.
Must have requirements:
- Located within two hour driving distance to Boston, MA
- Solid CSS skills including layout, ability to convert a design or mockup into HTML and CSS, and preprocessors
- Experience with several HTML5 technologies
- Experience consuming RESTful Services/APIs
- Git (or proficient in another VCS)
- Strong UI and UX design skills
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to and retention of details
- Must be highly effective and productive working remotely
- Able to develop time estimates for projects and tasks
- Able to set priorities and work independently to meet tight deadlines
- Understand all aspects of the software development process including build, development, testing and deployment
- Effectively test your own work to ensure high quality code
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and front-end development experience required
Nice to have, but not required:
- Computer science or other engineering degrees
- Full stack experience with a backend such as Node, ASP.NET MVC, or Rails including writing services and APIs
- Web graphics and animations with SVG and/or Canvas
- CSS3 experience including transitions and animations
- ES6 and/or transpilers such as TypeScript and Babel
- Experience with continuous integration
- Graphic design tools (such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop)
- Experience writing Chrome apps or extensions
- Experience with travel industry and/or airports
At AOC you will be developing new applications and expanding features of existing applications. We want a developer who stays up to date on emerging technologies and techniques, but also applies the correct tool for the job. You should be willing and able to adapt to new and varied challenges that arise. We want a developer with a strong focus on the usability of applications. You will aid in the design of applications and also create mockups and prototypes. You will be involved in the deployment of applications, as well as troubleshooting and fixing production issues of deployed applications. We are a small and talented group of individuals and we’re looking for a developer ready to help us push the boundaries for our clients and develop the best products in the industry.
This is a full time position and is 90% remote with the occasional trip to a client site in Boston. You must have reliable access to high speed Internet. Only candidates within driving distance to Boston, MA will be considered.
Salary range is $85,000 – $105,000 but final offer will be commensurate with experience. We offer 80% health benefits, paid holidays and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your résumé and a cover letter to:
Ms. Lee Ryan
Art of Context
No phone calls please.
No recruiters please.
Art of Context (AOC) is a boutique technology firm located in Boston, Massachusetts. Our team of talented employees specializes in multi-channel interactive solutions for airports. We have been a leader in this field for over fifteen years. Our firm has a proven track record of applying emerging technology to help clients improve customer experience. From the early days of web development to extending information to mobile and digital signage devices, Art of Context has consistently created the standard across industries. Most recently in the aviation industry, AOC brought the first interactive wayfinding to the traveling public, which allows an airline passenger to scan their boarding pass to provide a customized path to their gate. Art of Context champions technology solutions that reduce client administration and ensure extension for future innovations.